Increasingly the reality of living to 100 will not be
the exception, but the rule.
So, as you live longer, what quality of life will you live?
- the largest and oldest life form still active on the planet.
Health & Aging
We are living longer.
For the last 150 years every generation has increased its average life expectancy, but longevity is as complex as it is individual. Attitude, lifestyle choices and the ability to deal with stress are all factors impacting quality of life and aging.
Good health is a state of physical, mental and social well-being.
It is about living life fully with health and vitality. It is not merely the absence of disease.
It is not all about your
Only 22% of your health is determined by your genome. The remaining 78% is impacted by lifestyle choices, social circumstances, environment, and the quality and access to medical care.
Epigenetics is everywhere.
Epigenetics is how your behaviors and environment can cause changes that affect the way your genes work. Your epigenetics at birth is not the same as during your childhood or adulthood.
inflammation is key.
It sets the foundation for many serious, age-related diseases. Whole -body inflammation refers to chronic, low-level inflammation. The right diet and keeping physically active help reduce whole-body inflammation.
After age 40, the body begins its real journey of aging.
From the moment we are born we begin the process of continuous aging. Before the age of 25, the body can temporarily recover itself. Organs show aging symptoms at different times across our lifespan. The aging organs which affects one’s health most which warrant attention are; bones, brain, breasts, eyes, heart, kidneys, liver and teeth.
With age the body is less able to repair itself.
There are effective regenerative processes and recovery techniques to help reduce the speed of cell damage, and even repair and regrow cell tissue.
Does the answer to longevity lie within epigenetics?
Whether exploring the Blue Zones worldwide, or the latest advances in Longevity Medicine or Biogerontology, the approach to longevity requires a combination of health-extending and life-extending therapies.
You can’t change your genes, or how your DNA are sequenced, however, you can change how your body reads a DNA sequence.
What you eat, where you live, who you interact with, when you sleep, how you exercise, all of these can cause chemical modifications around the genes that will turn genes on or off over time.
are regions of the world where people live much longer than average.
the study of drugs and compounds that can prevent and reverse aging on the cellular level.
the study of the biological basis of aging and age-related diseases.
is the study of biological mechanisms that switch genes on and off.